Ketarin 1.5 introduces a number of new features to make your life easier (or more geeky if you prefer):
- Setup functionality: Allows you to batch install or update existing applications on any computer with a couple of clicks. It does all what InstallPad can do, just in a more flexible way.
- Dual scripting engine: You can now add custom behaviours to your applications with both Batch and C# scripts. Also new: Snippets allow you to re-use often used scripts.
- Custom user agents for downloading applications (some websites may require certain user agents in order to download).
- Ketarin now internally also stores relative paths to files, so that changes of drive letters (USB sticks) will not cause Ketarin to forget where the files are located.
- As of 1.8.5: Also supporting PowerShell scripts and recursive global variables.
How Ketarin can help you
Ketarin is a small application which automatically updates and optionally installs setup packages. As opposed to other tools, Ketarin is not meant to keep your system up-to-date (like a package manager), but rather to maintain a compilation of all important setup packages which can then be burned to disc or put on a USB stick.
- Interface customisation
- Special variables
- Commands / Scripting
- Troubleshooting downloads
- Setup instructions
- Command line arguments