Difference between revisions of "Ketarin Wiki"
|Line 23:||Line 23:|
Revision as of 12:59, 10 October 2010
Ketarin 1.5 introduces a number of new features to make your life easier (or more geeky if you prefer):
- Setup functionality: Allows you to batch install or update existing applications on any computer with a couple of clicks. It does all what InstallPad can do, just in a more flexible way.
- Dual scripting engine: You can now add custom behaviours to your applications with both Batch and C# scripts. Also new: Snippets allow you to re-use often used scripts.
- Custom user agents for downloading applications (some websites may require certain user agents in order to download).
- Ketarin now internally also stores relative paths to files, so that changes of drive letters (USB sticks) will not cause Ketarin to forget where the files are located.
How Ketarin can help you
Ketarin is a small application which automatically updates and optionally installs setup packages. As opposed to other tools, Ketarin is not meant to keep your system up-to-date (like a package manager), but rather to maintain a compilation of all important setup packages which can then be burned to disc or put on a USB stick.
- Interface customisation
- Special variables
- Commands / Scripting
- Troubleshooting downloads
- Setup instructions
- Command line arguments